(I) Main responsibilities
The Department of Legal Affairs is responsible for:
- coordinating legal affairs, building the commercial legal service system and providing public legal services at the CCPIT;
- working out advisory proposals for legislation and law amendment in trade and investment promotion;
- working with relevant government authorities in international trade and economic negotiations and development of international trade and economic dispute settlement mechanisms;
- working with relevant government authorities to help businesses respond to anti-dumping, countervailing and safeguard investigations initiated by a foreign country, and to initiate trade remedy investigations and anti-monopoly actions;
- working with relevant government authorities to negotiate with and appeal to relevant countries (regions) regarding discriminatory trade and investment restrictions and protective measures taken by them;
- managing CCPIT counsels, attorneys and corporate lawyers, and handling litigation cases;
- organizing international legal exchanges and cooperation events;
- coordinating work in the CCPIT system on foreign-related trade and economic laws;
- guiding agencies directly under the CCPIT to provide intellectual property rights services;
- undertaking other work assigned by the CCPIT leadership.
Division of General Affairs, Division of Treaty and Law, Division of Fair Trade, Division of Industrial Service, and Division of Legal Cooperation.